Level 2 UAL: Currently taking general registrations of interest for future courses
Level 3 TALS: Currently taking general registrations of interest for future courses
Level 3 UAT: Currently taking expressions of interest for pilot course (6 & 7th December, 10, 11 & 12th January (9am - 1pm)
Lifestyle Education Courses
Introduction to Lifestyle Support (eLearning module)
This dynamic online module offers a basic introduction to athlete lifestyle support and is aimed at anyone who has an interest in the area e.g., athletes, parents, coaches, practitioners, NGB/university staff.
The module covers the following areas:
- What is Lifestyle Support?
- A lifestyle advisor’s role within an athlete’s support network
- A lifestyle advisor’s expectations and boundaries
- Benefits and challenges of a balanced lifestyle
- Maximising Lifestyle Support
This module is self-guided and should take approximately 2 hours, and costs £16.99.
For further information, and to access the eLearning module: click here
Level 2 Award in Understanding an Athlete’s Lifestyle (UAL)
The 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Understanding an Athlete’s Lifestyle is designed for individuals who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills to deliver informal support to athletes. This includes upskilling learners to understand the basics around how to assist athletes in their personal development and lifestyle alongside their sporting commitments. It has been designed to enable learners to study and reflect on how to positively impact athlete lifestyle in their own environments.
The course is comprised of four modules delivered over two learning days:
- Sporting Landscapes and Athlete Pathways
- Athlete Support Networks
- Athlete Demands and Planning
- Athlete Transitions
The course is assessed via the submission of a portfolio of tasks. The registration period for this course is two years. Upon successful completion of the learning days and submission of your portfolio, you will be awarded a 1st4sport (QCF) Level 2 Award in Understanding an Athlete’s Lifestyle.
Course price: £300 per learner. Discounts for group bookings may be available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this.
Level 3 Certificate in Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (TALS)
The Level 3 Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (TALS) was developed by TASS in partnership with 1st4sport, the awarding body of their qualification.
TALS is designed to equip learners with both the theoretical principles of supporting and mentoring talented athletes and the practical knowledge of how to deliver sessions which empower athletes to manage their personal development and lifestyle throughout their careers.
The course is comprised of five modules delivered over four learning days:
- Support and advise talented athletes within a performance environment
- Manage support networks for talented athletes within a performance environment
- Support talented athletes through lifestyle change
- Support talented athletes to understand their anti-doping responsibilities
- Support and advise talented athletes to plan their careers
The course is assessed via the submission of a portfolio evidencing competence in each module of study and observation of meetings with a talented athlete. The registration period for this course is three years. Upon successful completion of the learning days and submission of your portfolio, you will be awarded a 1st4sport (QCF) Level 3 Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support.
Course price: £600 per learner.
Level 3 Award in Understanding Athlete Transitions (UAT)
The 1st4sport Level 3 Understanding Athlete Transitions course aims to provide learners with an understanding of the transitions that athletes may face across their careers, with a specific focus on the demands and challenges experienced by athletes, and the support they may require. The course has been designed to allow learners to reflect on how they or their organisation can optimally support athletes through transitions.
Audience: suitable for anyone who operates within a sporting environment, and either directly or indirectly supports athletes (e.g., coaches, practitioners, NGB staff).
Format: This course is currently being delivered online across 5 days (4 hours each day). Learner attendance is required at all sessions.
- Be over 18 years old
- Hold appropriate identification
- be in a role that involves either directly or indirectly working with athletes (desirable)
- Transition theory
- Athlete support and coping during transition
- Educational transitions and athlete migration
- Junior to senior transition
- Athletic retirement
- Unique athlete & performance pathway transitions
- Long/short answer questions
- Case study tasks
- Multiple choice
- Reflective practise tasks
Please register your interest using the form below:
Please note that this is not a booking form, and does not guarantee you a place on a course.