At Wigan and Leigh College, we aim to offer the best environment for personal, professional and sporting development. As a college, we are extremely proud to be accredited by TASS through offering academic flexibility for athletes competing at the highest level. Our courses are designed to allow talented athletes to continue with their academic studies, whilst training and competing at the highest level, and is open to any student across a wide range of courses.
Students that become part of the TASS Dual Career programme will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Scholarship scheme / financial support towards equipment, training costs and travel (subject to application)
- University workshops that are designed to enhance sports performance
- Advice and guidance on nutrition and training
- Sports rehabilitation that can be booked in weekly
- Access to workshops to support with mental health and well being
- Access to our Centre of Excellence in Sport
Our Centre of Excellence in Sport, dedicated to providing exceptional training programmes for the region’s aspiring sports professionals. Our world-class facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, athletics stadium, 4G AstroTurf pitches and indoor sports hall. Located at Leigh College, which is situated at Leigh Sports Village, is a fantastic opportunity to study Sport, Sports Coaching and Sports Science in the multi million pound facilities. Our expert tutors are professionals within this industry and hold the highest qualifications in their field.
For more information, please contact:
Warren Turley – email@example.com
Gareth Hayes – firstname.lastname@example.org
College telephone: 01942 761600