The University of Manchester is part of the prestigious Russell Group of Universities with outstanding facilities and a wide range of courses.
At SPORT Manchester (The University Sport Department) we have a wide ranging offer from beginners through to the next aspiring Olympic and Paralympic athletes. We have a great range of facilities including access to two 50-metre swimming pools and we will soon have the most outdoor pitch facilities of any university in the UK, based at Armitage Sports Centre.
We offer support to both internal scholars and TASS athletes aspiring after a dual career. The University is very proud of its status as the TASS Delivery Site based in Manchester. We currently support 20 athletes across eleven different sports.
The Manchester support team ensure high quality service delivery to our valued and aspiring TASS athletes with the aim of helping them achieve on both academic and sporting pathways. The athletes have access to:
• Strength and Conditioning in our specialist training facilities
• One to one performance lifestyle support
• High quality training facilities
• Workshops on a variety of topics, including fuelling for performance and on a budget and developing your athlete profile
• Opportunity to access both individualised psychology and nutrition support through the TASS referral scheme
For more information about TASS and sport at The University of Manchester, please refer to The University of Manchester SPORT website or contact: Imogen Greatbatch email@example.com