Tyne Metropolitan College and its North East Sports Academy (NESA) is highly focused on developing young talent with sporting ambition alongside their academic studies whilst creating a TASS dual career. At Tyne Metropolitan College, you can study any course at any of our campuses and enjoy the benefits of being part of being one of our TASS athletes.
As a TyneMet athlete, you will benefit from specialised training programmes matched to your sporting discipline. The strength and conditioning team and Flex Fitness will work closely with you and your coaches to achieve a professional standard; preparing you for competitions including opportunities to represent the College and take part in regional and national AOC sports competitions.
Any student that becomes part of the TASS Dual Career Programme at Tyne Metropolitan College could expect to receive the following benefits:
- Access to funding and sponsorship opportunities for elite level competition
- Opportunities to compete in regional & national competitions
- Individually tailored strength & conditioning programmes from the Flex Fitness team
- Free unlimited access to the Flex Fitness Gym
- Access to the physiotherapy clinic for injury treatment including rehabilitation programmes and support
- Attend workshops including: sport psychology, performance analysis and nutrition
- One-to-one fitness screening in state-of-the-art facilities
Tyne Metropolitan College aims to provide the best possible support network for our aspiring TASS athletes by offering regular mentoring sessions with our designated dual career coordinator, as well as each curriculum area at the College having their own pastoral and progression tutor who will both help with academic flexibility and catch up lessons where applicable to each individual.
TASS learners will also be able to access valuable work related experience opportunities in their desired field through the support of designated work placement officers within curriculum areas.
We are delighted to be the first TASS Accredited Site in the North East and aim to lead the way in the region for sporting and education excellence when providing opportunities for dual careers.
For more information, please contact Deputy Head of Sport Chris Wall via Email firstname.lastname@example.org.