At Teesside University we are proud to have been recognised as a TASS Delivery Site (TDS) for supporting our dual career performance athletes. Our primary goal is to provide the best possible environment for our athletes to grow, develop and achieve their full potential.
We are renowned for providing each of our student athletes with an outstanding, individualised, student and learning experience which is underpinned by our internationally recognised research in performance sport.
The quality of services we provide to our elite athletes has attracted world class performers to study at the university, including:
- Aimee Wilmott – BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise (Coaching Science): Olympic & Commonwealth GB Swimmer,
- Beth Mead -BA (Hons) Sports Development: Footballer with Arsenal Women & England Lionesses
- Jade Jones – LLB (Hons) Law: Olympic & Commonwealth Para Triathlete
- Harry Tanfield – BNg (Hons) Civil Engineering: Commonwealth GB Cyclist & Cyclist with UCI World Team AG2R La Mondiale
A Teesside University we offer a number of flexible learning courses, which can fit around the commitments and demands of an duel career athlete. This has been designed to allow the athlete to compete and study simultaneously.
Typically, a dual career athlete would be offered access to the following:
- Personalised strength and conditioning programmes;
- Onsite physiotherapy support;
- Nutritional guidance;
- Lifestyle mentoring;
- Sports psychology.
- TASS Athletes are also allocated a Sports Membership, enabling free access to the state-of-the-art gym.
For further information regarding Sport England TASS Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Performance Sports Coordinator)
Check out for more information on Teesside University Performance Sport: