Strode’s Sixth Form College is a great place to study; we are highly experienced in guiding young people onto the next step of their lives. We are experts in providing high quality sixth form education and support. We have been a Sixth Form College since 1975 and during this time, many thousands of our students have achieved notable success in a wide variety of fields – academic, commercial and sporting. At Strode’s we provide a blend of tradition with modern facilities and expert teachers that supports high quality teaching and learning.
At Strode’s we are well versed in the challenges facing young elite sportsmen and women as they balance a demanding academic programme with high level training and competition. Being a TASS Dual Career Accredited centre is official recognition that we recognise the flexibility and support that young athletes in this position require.
As an athlete at Strode’s you can expect:
- Access to the full range of A Levels and L3 BTEC courses offered at the college.
- Flexibility with regards to your programme and timetable to support your training and competition schedule.
- Flexible learning strategies such as catch up schedules to support missed academic work during competition and access to learning platforms for remote study during competition.
- Mentoring and guidance from pastoral tutors with direct experience and understanding of National and International competition with particular attention paid to employability, social media, finance and budgeting.
- Workshops on lifestyle, nutrition, physiotherapy, psychology and strength and conditioning.
- Access to several key HE providers and their facilities
- Free access to the college gym
- Close liaison with coaches to support the overall well being of our students.