Stoke-on-Trent College’s Institute for Sports Performance is fully committed to the development and support of students who want to follow both their academic and sporting careers.
Our programmes are designed to allow talented athletes/sports people to continue with their academic studies, whilst training and competing to the highest level, and is open to any student that has chosen to study any course at the college.
Any student that becomes part of the TASS Dual Career Programme can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Financial support from the college for training costs, transport and essential equipment (subject to applications).
- Free use of the college Sports Academy facilities such as the fitness suite and dance studio.
- University workshops at institutions such as Bath, Loughborough and Birmingham that are targeted at increasing students sports performance.
- Strength and conditioning coaching.
- Support from a fully qualified Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support Officer
- Sports rehabilitation which can be booked on a daily basis.
Also as part of this programme students will be eligible for the following benefits through a partnership with Staffordshire Universities TEAM:STAFFS Elite programme:
- Access to 5 sports workshops that cover things such as nutrition, sports psychology, sports physiology and injury prevention.
- Free access to all the facilities within the Sir Stanley Matthews Sports Centre (off peak hours)
- Possible extra support through fully qualified sports science staff based within the university.