LJMU Sports Scholarship scheme is one of the leading initiatives the UK and helps talented students fulfil both their sporting and their academic potential.
What do you receive as part of the Sport Scholarship Scheme?
Liverpool John Moores University has some of the leading sports science experts in the world and professional, elite and Olympic athletes come to our academics for guidance.
As a Sports Scholar you’ll receive this specialist guidance, which should help you enhance your sporting performance.
You’ll receive extra study support
We know that the thought of balancing your training, competing and studying can be daunting, which is why we offer Sports Scholars a mentor.
Your mentor can offer your study support, helping you if it’s necessary to meet or defer deadlines.
Other benefits of our Sports Scholarships Scheme:
- Cash Bursaries ranging from £500-£1000 per year.
- Specialist Sports Science support, including fitness tests and profiling, strength and conditioning programmes, nutritional advice/sport psychology
- Individual or opposition match/technique analysis
- Regularly scheduled Sports Science seminars on latest relevant issues
- Year-round and unlimited access to 13 Lifestyles Gyms and Fitness Centres, courtesy of Liverpool City Council
- A range of LJMU-branded sports kit
- Support for competition and training-related travel, accommodation, kit and equipment
- Privileged accesses to University sport massage facilities
For more information, please contact LJMU TASS Lead, David McDermott: firstname.lastname@example.org