Booking Terms and Conditions
Pre-Booking Guidance for Learners
- Prior to booking on a TASS qualification or CPD please familiarise yourself with the learning overview to ensure that the course meets your training needs.
- Prior to booking please ensure that you meet any registration/certification course pre-requisites and provide any required evidence to TASS.
- If the qualification or CPD booking is being made by someone other than the named learner, it is the responsibility of the individual making the booking to ensure that the learner meets any pre-requisites.
- For online courses please ensure that you have access to the required technical pre-requisites, and if these cannot be met then please cancel the booking within the required timescales.
- Prior to booking please familiarise yourself with the completion period for the qualification, this is the time in which you must complete all aspects of your learning and assessment.
- TASS reserves the right to amend any advertised content for courses without notice. This may be done due to matters out of our control, advice from relevant awarding organisations or to provide a continually high-quality service.
By making a course booking, learners are confirming they have read, understood and accept/agree to comply with all the booking terms and conditions during their registration in the TASS qualification. These are as follows:
Course Fee Payment
- Course fees are payable within 7 days of booking via online credit/debit card/BACS or invoice payments.
- Failure to pay prior to the course start date will result in the learner’s place being revoked by TASS. TASS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Flexible payment plans are available upon request for all courses over £200. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Invoices will be sent via email to the name and address provided on the course registration /
- booking form. Once an invoice has been sent, this will become payable under all circumstances, unless the place has been cancelled, as per the cancellation process.
- Course fees cover all planned face-to-face or online tutored sessions, learner materials and assessment of learner tasks (including up to 3 re-assessments, where required). The fee does not include the cost of your travel, accommodation, parking, subsistence or other expenses incurred in relation to course attendance/assessment, or any further/additional teaching or assessment activities that may be required by you (these would be charged separately, where appropriate).
- All requests for cancellations must be sent in writing via email to email@example.com
- Changes will become effective on the date written confirmation is received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply (based on the cost of the booking) as shown below (this excludes extenuating circumstances which will be charged at TASS’s discretion):
- Cancellation more than 28 calendar days prior to course start date – refund applicable: 95% of course fee
- Cancellation between 15-28 calendar days prior to course start date (inclusive) – refund applicable: 50% of course fee
- Cancellation between 8-14 calendar days prior to course start date (inclusive) – refund applicable: 25% of course fee
- Cancellation between 1-7 calendar days prior to course start date (inclusive) –
- No refund will be given
- Failure to attend: No refund given
- When requesting a refund there will be a deduction of £25 to cover administrative costs.
- If a learner is unable to attend the course due to extenuating circumstances, they must inform TASS in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a learner is unable to attend due to illness they must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
Substitution of Learners
- If the learner named on the course booking is unable to attend, TASS will accept the substitution of another learner on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course start date and an administration fee of £10 has been paid. Details of this substitution should be sent to email@example.com.
- Learners are only permitted to one substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- If the learner named on the course booking cannot attend or does not wish to transfer their place to another learner but wishes to transfer onto another course, the following transfer fees will apply:
- Between 15-28 calendar days’ notice (inclusive). Transfer fee: No fee
- Between 8-14 calendar days’ notice (inclusive). Transfer fee: £25
- Between 1-7 calendar days’ notice (inclusive). Transfer fee: No transfer available. No refund shall be given.
- Failure to attend: No transfer available and no refund given.
- Learners are only permitted to one course transfer per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- Learners must transfer to another course that takes place within the next 12 months.
- If an individual does not wish to transfer, this is deemed is a cancellation.
Course Cancellations by TASS
- In the event of a course being cancelled by TASS, TASS will endeavour to inform all learners via email, at least three weeks before the course is due to take place. TASS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- If TASS cancels a course, learners are entitled to a full refund, or to transfer onto another course with a start date within the following 12 months.
- In the event of a tutor not being able to deliver a course (at short notice due to emergency or serious illness) TASS will endeavour to replace the planned tutor, however if this is not possible TASS will contact you to inform you immediately and reorganise the course. TASS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course, TASS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- Learners will receive confirmation of their place and pre-course information details via email to the email address provided at the point of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course booking form to ensure pre-course information details are received by the learner.
- Learners will adhere to TASS Policies and Procedures (see TASS website) and agree to comply with the terms of such, and by extension, the qualification conditions, policies, processes and position statements of 1st4sport.
- Learners are expected to attend all teaching days and complete all assessment components unless illness or other unforeseen circumstances prevent them from doing so. Learners must advise TASS in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are unable to fulfil this expectation. TASS may, in its absolute discretion, revoke the learner’s registration.
- Learners are expected to respect the rights and views of TASS staff/tutors and other learners connected with the course.
- Learners shall respect the confidentiality of information disclosed during the course and the right and privacy of others at all times.
- Learners shall conduct themselves in a manner that enables and supports an open, respectful, friendly and non-discriminative environment conducive to learning
- Learners shall act in a professional manner and use only their own work in the completion of assessment tasks and refrain from using social media or other channels to disclose information or make derogatory statement(s) relating to the course or other learners.
- Learners shall not disclose, use or reproduce information or materials provided before or during the course which may infringe TASS’ copyright other than for personal use to complete the qualification.
- Learners shall refrain from consuming, possessing or supplying alcohol or illegal substances during teaching sessions, and shall respect the related policies of course delivery sites (e.g. smoking bans or defined smoking areas).
- The successful completion of the qualification is solely the responsibility of the learner. The learner portfolio remains the learner’s property at all times and they are responsible for its content and safe storage (in line with any relevant data protection requirements).
Online Course Delivery
- For online courses, TASS will not be responsible for failures to connect to the course due to software or hardware requirements, internet drop-outs or failures, issues with firewalls or being unable to download the required software due to internal security policies.
- Learners must seek written consent from at least one athlete for the completion of assessed support sessions.
- Learners understand that neither TASS nor 1st4sport are responsible for providing access to a suitable athlete for assessments purposes.
- Learners must adhere to ethical and safeguarding responsibilities as directed by the APDL course tutor. Learners agree to act professionally and in line with best practice principles when working with talented athletes for the purposes of the qualification.
- In order to achieve certification for the qualification, you are required to meet all course pre-requisites and be awarded a ‘Competent’ rating in all assessment tasks, within the qualification completion period. Learners are actively encouraged to submit tasks within the timeframes set by their tutor.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance due to TASS.
- The certificate will be sent to the address in the learner portfolio (Record of Achievement). It is the responsibility of the learner to inform TASS if there are changes to address details.
- In the event that a replacement certificate has to be re-issued, there will be a fee charged. This varies from course to course and is set by the awarding body (but can cost up to £25). Postage fees will also be added to the re-certification fee.
GDRP, Media and Consents
- Learners consent for TASS to collect, use, share and store personal information about me in accordance with the TASS Data Protection Policy.