Nominations open for 2019 TASS Stars Awards
*NOMINATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED*
The TASS Stars Awards have returned for 2019! In the year that the scheme marks it’s 15th anniversary, we’re celebrating the achievements of current TASS-supported athletes and nominations are open now.
More than 600 talented athletes across England have been supported by TASS since September 2018 and now we need your help to identify those deserving of special recognition for their achievements.
Whether it’s for a performance on the pitch or for accolades in the classroom, we want to know who you believe is ahead of the game when it comes to reaching their potential in both sport and study.
There are five categories to choose from: Most Inspirational, Most Determined, Most Committed, Most Potential and Athlete of the Year. Nominations are open from now until Sunday 19 May and can be made using the online forms in the links below.
All eligible nominations will be considered and will be whittled down to a shortlist of fifteen finalists (the top 3 from each category) *.
The winners will then be decided by an independent group of judges including TASS Ambassador and Olympic gold medallist, Jonathan Edwards, Olympic silver medallist, Samantha Murray and last year’s overall winner, Commonwealth bronze medallist Maria Tsaptisinos.
The fifteen lucky finalists will be invited to join us at the TASS 15th anniversary reception event in London on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
In addition to this, during the afternoon the five winners – one in each of the five categories – will be revealed and presented with a coveted TASS Stars Awards trophy.
*Terms and conditions apply. Please see below for further details.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who has been adaptable, overcome challenges or demonstrated resilience in order to pursue their sport and/or study.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who possesses infectious enthusiasm and a positive attitude, has shown creativity in their sport and/or study, and/or has demonstrated remarkable sportsmanship.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who has shown dedication to both study and sport, including excellent time management and efficiency in balancing demands.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who is deemed to be a “one to watch” in the future in either their sport and/or study.
Athlete of the Year
Awarded to a TASS athlete as recognition of their outstanding achievement this year in their sport and/or study.
The TASS Stars Awards 2018 winners with TASS alumna Sarah McDonald
Terms and Conditions
- Nominees must be a TASS athlete in 2018/19.
- Nominations will not be accepted from or in respect of athletes who have been removed from the scheme on the grounds of non-engagement or misconduct.
- Nominations open at 9:00am on Monday 29 April 2019 and close at 11:59pm on Sunday 19 May 2019.
- Nominations must be made online using the designated online forms.
- Nominations via email, social media or any other channel will not be accepted.
- Nominations (using a supporting statement of no more than 300 words each) can be made in five categories: Most Inspirational, Most Determined, Most Committed, Most Potential, Athlete of the Year.
- Athletes can only be nominated for up to two categories each.
- Nominations can be made by a TASS athlete themselves or any member of the athlete’s entourage, including but not limited to: a peer, parent/guardian, coach, Delivery Site Lead or NGB Lead. Where any individual other than the TASS athlete makes a nomination, they must obtain the prior permission from the TASS athlete to do so, which may be withdrawn and notified to TASS at any time.
- Up to fifteen finalists (up to three per category) will be shortlisted by TASS and notified by Friday 31 May 2019.
- Should a nominee or finalist wish to have their entry withdrawn, they may do so at any time by notifying TASS directly via firstname.lastname@example.org. We would politely request that any such withdrawals be made at the earliest opportunity (and preferably no later than Friday 7 June 2019) to help with presentation event logistics.
- Finalists are invited to attend the TASS 15th Anniversary Reception on Wednesday 26 June 2019 from 5:00pm until 10:00pm and are permitted to bring along one guest each.
- TASS will cover finalists’ travel expenses to attend the TASS 15th Anniversary Reception on Wednesday 26 June but not the travel or other expenses of their accompanying guests.
- A judging panel (consisting of Jonathan Edwards, Samantha Murray, Maria Tsaptsinos, the TASS National Director and the TASS Management Group Chair) will consider the applications of the shortlisted finalists and individually score each nominee against the appropriate category criteria for which they been nominated. For each category, all the judging panel scores for each nominee will be added together and the athlete with the greatest score will be deemed to be the winner. In the event of a tie in scores, the TASS National Director will select the winner from those tied.
- There shall be no appeal against the judging panel results – their decision is final.
- Winners will be announced during a presentation at the TASS 15th Anniversary Reception event on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
- Five winners (one per category) will receive a TASS Stars Awards trophy.
- Prize is as described, not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All nominees are requested to participate in TASS publicity activities relating to the nomination process and awards event, as set out in their nomination form and in line with TASS’s data protection policy.