TASS Stars Awards return for 2018
***Nominations now closed. Finalists announced w/c 25 June 2018.***
The TASS Stars Awards have returned for 2018. Our athlete awards celebrate the achievements of TASS-supported athletes in the past academic year and scores of nominations have been made for talented young people across the country.
More than 500 talented athletes across England have been supported by TASS since September 2017 and now we need your help to identify those who are deserving of special recognition for their achievements.
Whether it’s for a performance on the pitch or for their achievements as a student, we want to know who you believe is ahead of the game when it comes to reaching their potential in either sport or study.
There are five categories in which you can nominate: Most Inspirational, Most Determined, Most Committed, Most Potential and Star of the Year.
Nominations are open from now until Sunday 17 June and can be made using the online forms linked to below. All eligible nominations will be considered and will be whittled down to a shortlist of fifteen finalists (the top 3 from each category) *.
The winners will then be decided by an independent group of expert judges including Olympic gold medallist and triple jump world record holder, Jonathan Edwards, as well as last year’s Star of the Year winner, boxer Georgia O’Connor.
The fifteen lucky finalists will be invited to join us at the Müller Anniversary Games on Saturday 21 July 2018 for an action-packed day of top competition from the world’s biggest names in athletics.
In addition to this, during the afternoon the five winners – one in each of the five categories – will be revealed and awarded with a coveted TASS Stars Awards trophy.
*Terms and conditions apply. Please see below for further details.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who possesses infectious enthusiasm and a positive attitude, has shown creativity in their sport and/or study, or has demonstrated sportsmanship.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who has been adaptable, overcome challenges or demonstrated resilience in order to pursue their sport and/or study.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who has shown dedication to both study and/or sport, including excellent time management and balancing demands.
Awarded to a TASS athlete who is deemed to be a “one to watch” in the future in either their sport and/or study.
Star of the Year
Awarded to a TASS athlete as recognition of their outstanding achievement this year in their sport and/or study.
The Müller Anniversary Games will take place at London’s Olympic Stadium (Credit: Reuters)
Terms and Conditions
- Nominees must be a TASS athlete in 2017/18.
- Nominations will not be accepted from or in respect of athletes who have been removed from the scheme on the grounds of non-engagementor misconduct.
- Nominations open at 2:00pm on Friday 25 May 2018 and close at 11:59pm on Sunday 17 June 2018.
- Nominations must be made online using the designated online forms.
- Nominations via email, social media or any other channel will not be accepted.
- Nominations (using a supporting statement of no more than 300 words each) can be made in five categories: Most Inspirational, Most Determined, Most Committed, Most Potential, Star of the Year.
- Athletes can only be nominated for up to two categories each only.
- Nominations can be made by TASS athlete themselves or any member of the athlete’s entourage, including but not limited to: a peer, parent/guardian, coach, Delivery Site Lead or NGB Lead. Where any individual other than the TASS athlete makes a nomination, they must obtain the prior permission from the TASS athleteto do so, which may be withdrawn and notified to TASS at any time.
- Up to fifteen finalists (up to three per category) will be shortlisted by TASS and notified by Friday 29 June 2018.
- Should a nominee or finalist wish to have their entry withdrawn, theymay do so at any time by notifying TASS directly via email@example.com. We would politely request that any such withdrawals be made at the earliest opportunity (and preferably no later than Monday 2 July 2018) to help with presentation event logistics.
- Finalists are invitedto attend the Müller Anniversary Games on Saturday 21 July 2018 from 10:00am until 5:00pm and are permitted to bring along one guest each.
- TASS will cover finalists’ travel expenses to attend the Müller Anniversary Games on Saturday 21 July 2018 but not the travel or other expenses of their accompanying guests.
- A judging panel (consisting of Jonathan Edwards, Georgia O’Connor, the TASS Director and a TASS Management Group member) will consider the applications of the shortlisted finalists and individually score each nominee against the appropriate category criteria for which they been nominated. For each category, all the judging panel scores for each nominee will be added together and the athlete with the greatest score will be deemed to be the winner. In the event of a tie in scores, the TASS Director will select the winner from those tied.
- There shall be no appeal against the judging panel results – their decision is final.
- Winners will be announced before the Müller Anniversary Games on Saturday 21 July 2018 at a presentation event.
- Five winners (one per category) will receive a TASS Stars Awards trophy.
- Prize is as described, not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All nominees are requested to participate in TASS publicity activities relating to the nomination process and awards event, as set out in their nomination form and in line with TASS’ data protection policy.