PyeongChang 2018: TASS athletes named in Team GB squad
TASS alumna Shelley Rudman (Reuters)
Scores of TASS-supported athletes will be aiming to bring home medals from the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in South Korea, as a number of alumni are expected to be confirmed for the Team GB squad.
Success in winter sport has been written into TASS’ history since skeleton slider Shelley Rudman was the first TASS-supported athlete to win an Olympic medal with her silver in Turin, back in 2006.
And at the last Games, Sochi 2014, TASS alumni won six medals in total including Lizzy Yarnold’s gold in skeleton.
Triple world champion short-track speed skater, Elise Christie, is one of the athletes already having been named for PyeongChang 2018. Christie was helped by TASS for five years during her development, accessing support services including strength and conditioning and lifestyle.
Further team selections are being announced imminently, with the Winter Olympics taking place between 9-25 February and the Winter Paralympics from 9-18 March 2018 in PyeongChang.
The full list of TASS athletes competing is as follows:*
- Nick Buckland (07/08, 08/09, 09/10)
- Penny Coomes (07/08, 08/09, 09/10)
- Adam (AJ) Rosen (05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 09/10)
Short-Track Speed Skating
- Elise Christie (06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11)
- Charlotte Gilmartin (05/05, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11)
- Kathryn Thomson (12/13)
- Farrell Treacy (10/11, 12/13)
- Joshua Cheetham (08/09, 09/10)
VI Alpine Skiing
- Menna Fitzpatrick (14/15, 15/16) & Jennifer Kehoe (guide)